This creamy, springy whole grain pasta salad is made with avocados, tomatoes, onions, and a white balsamic vinaigrette. It’s such an aromatic dish from the lemon zest that packs a punch, but kind of melts in your mouth! The vinaigrette is so lemony and rich that salad is filling, and cuts through the dish.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE SPRING PASTA SALAD:
This creamy, springy whole grain pasta salad is made with avocados, tomatoes, onions, and a white balsamic vinaigrette. It’s such an aromatic dish from the lemon zest that packs a punch, but kind of melts in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- black pepper , freshly cracked
- salt , to taste
- 3 cup whole grain pasta , boiled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , cut in halves
- 1 cup avocados , chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions , chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- red chili flakes
- basil leaves , fresh
- parmesan cheese , shaved
- mixed nuts , of your choice
We will prepare the vinaigrette first to let the flavors blend together. In a bowl whisk together the olive oil , both vinegar , honey, salt, pepper, lemon zest, basil together and set the vinaigrette aside .
Place the onions , tomatoes, avocados, fresh mozzarella in a large bowl .
Pour the vinaigrette over top toss and combine .
Garnish with red chili flakes, fresh basil, nuts of your choice and fresh parmesan shavings.
- This salad doesn’t holds up well after mixing in refrigerator for long, as avocados will turn black. So, prepare it when you are ready to eat.
- To take the harshness bite out of the red onion, be sure to slice them thinly and soak them in a bowl of ice cold water for 5-6 minutes. Then drain, pat them dry and use.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Don’t forget to tag @naturallynidhi on Instagram and hashtag it #naturallynidhi. You can also post your pictures to my facebook page.
I’d love to hear how the recipe turned out and what you think in the comment section below. Find me on and share your creation with me!
Really interesting, colorful and healthy food .. thank you for sharing (Shibasram)
Thank you! Send me a picture if you try it!