This creamy, springy whole grain pasta salad is made with avocados, tomatoes, onions, and a white balsamic vinaigrette. It’s such an aromatic dish from the lemon zest that packs a punch, but kind of melts in your mouth! The vinaigrette is so lemony and rich that salad is filling, and cuts through the dish.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE SPRING PASTA SALAD:
This creamy, springy whole grain pasta salad is made with avocados, tomatoes, onions, and a white balsamic vinaigrette. It’s such an aromatic dish from the lemon zest that packs a punch, but kind of melts in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- black pepper , freshly cracked
- salt , to taste
- 3 cup whole grain pasta , boiled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , cut in halves
- 1 cup avocados , chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions , chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- red chili flakes
- basil leaves , fresh
- parmesan cheese , shaved
- mixed nuts , of your choice
We will prepare the vinaigrette first to let the flavors blend together. In a bowl whisk together the olive oil , both vinegar , honey, salt, pepper, lemon zest, basil together and set the vinaigrette aside .
Place the onions , tomatoes, avocados, fresh mozzarella in a large bowl .
Pour the vinaigrette over top toss and combine .
Garnish with red chili flakes, fresh basil, nuts of your choice and fresh parmesan shavings.
- This salad doesn’t holds up well after mixing in refrigerator for long, as avocados will turn black. So, prepare it when you are ready to eat.
- To take the harshness bite out of the red onion, be sure to slice them thinly and soak them in a bowl of ice cold water for 5-6 minutes. Then drain, pat them dry and use.