Mediterranean Chaat Tarts — with spiced veggies, tahini yogurt, and zesty citrus honey, this Mediterranean-inspired chaat is the cutest, bite-sized appetizer for your Holi celebrations! In true Holi fashion, these chaat cups feature colorful, crunchy veggies with bursts of sweetness from the honey for an appetizer that is both refreshing and eye-catching!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE MEDITERRANEAN CHAAT TARTS:
Mediterranean Chaat Tarts -- with crunchy veggies, tahini yogurt, and zesty citrus honey, this Mediterranean-inspired chaat is the cutest, bite-sized appetizer that is both refreshing and eye-catching!
- 20 pcs mini tarts , readymade, or pani puri or papdi. I used Athenos Phyllo Shells
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans) , canned or boiled
- 2 tbsp onions , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomatoes , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cucumber , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olives , finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chilies , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro chutney
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1½ tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- salt , to taste
- 1 cup yogurt , beaten
- 1½ tbsp tahini paste
- 1½ tsp sugar
- salt , to taste
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lime zest
Mix together all of the filling ingredients and set aside in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix together your yogurt, tahini, sugar, and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together honey and lemon zest.
Arrange the mini tarts on a plate.
Add a layer of the filling and then cover it with a layer of tahini-yogurt dip.
Drizzle some citrus-honey on top and then sprinkle some chaat masala and red chili powder.
Finish it with some sev (bhujiya) and garnish with pomegranate seeds, radish and parsley. Your Mediterranean Chaat Tarts are ready!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.