These Chocolate Coconut Burfi Truffles are an elegant refinement of traditional coconut sweets! They’re quick to make, sweet and nutty in flavor and have this gorgeous crumbly, toothy texture! With an innovative layer of chocolate, it’s a perfect way to incorporate a modern twist on a timeless classic this Rakhi season!
The magic all happens in a single saucepan where condensed milk, coconut, and milk are combined with some ghee and cardamom for aromatics! From there you just have to shape them, refrigerate, and eat!
They’re super easy because only have 7 ingredients and just take 15 minutes to make! They’re sure to be a favorite for Rakhi and bring joy this holiday season!
- Coconut – is the main flavor and is the perfect balance of sweet and nutty!
- Cardamom – adds a lovely aroma and is a great compliment to the coconut!
- Condensed Milk – gives the truffle a creamy texture and holds it together.
- Dark Chocolate – adds a modern twist with creamy component.
- Almond Milk – helps with binding and adds a lovely nutty flavor.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CHOCOLATE BURFI TRUFFLES:
- Make the mixture! Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat them until homogeneous.
- Let it cool! Make sure the mixture is room temperature before handling it.
- Shape it! Fill the mixture into a mold and refrigerate for a few minutes for it to set. When ready, you can remove them from the mold.
- Add chocolate! If you want, you can add a layer of chocolate to the mold and refrigerate for another 10 minutes.
Coconut Chocolate Burfi Truffles, an elegant refinement of traditional coconut sweets! Super easy to make in 15 minutes and with a layer of dark chocolate, they are the perfect way to incorporate a modern twist on a timeless classic this season!
- 2 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk)
- 1 tsp ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or butter)
In a small saucepan, add the coconut, cardamom, and condensed milk. Cook for 5 minute son medium heat and then add in the milk and ghee (or coconut oil).
Cook for 1 more minute and then turn off the gas.
Once the mixture has cooled for 5 minutes, put it in a mold, filling up only halfway, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Now, melt the chocolate and coconut oil (or butter) in a microwave
Take the mold out and then layer it with chocolate. Refrigerate for 10 more minutes or until the chocolate is set.
Your coconut burfi truffles with chocolate are ready to enjoy!!
- You can use multi-colored candy melts for a pop of color. I used red and green melts.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?