As Rakhi season is just around the corner, it’s always great to have a showstopper appetizer up your sleeve! These cucumber cups with a dynamic filling of veggies, dates, spices, and chutneys are the ultimate dish for a burst of tangy, crunchy flavors!
The filling is Indian inspired but features a Middle Eastern twist with the incorporation of dates that add a nutty sweetness to balance the taste. The rest of the filling has carrots, sprouts, and onions paired with chaat masala, and lemon for an innovative spin on almost a vegetable chaat!
Serve this for your family and watch their faces light up this Rakhi season! It’s a lovely melody of crunchy, juicy, and crispy textures and flavors that’s not only a treat for the palette, but also the mind!Jump to Recipe
STEP BY STEP VIDEO:
These cucumber cups with a dynamic filling of veggies, dates, spices, and chutneys are the ultimate dish for a burst of tangy, crunchy flavors! The filling is Indian inspired but features a Middle Eastern twist with the incorporation of dates that add a nutty sweetness to balance the taste.
- 3 big cucumber , for 25 cucumber cups
- 1/4 cup sprouted mung beans (moong beans)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes , diced
- 2 tbsp green mango ,finely chopped
- 1/4 cup potatoes , boiled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onions , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp carrots , grated
- 1 tsp green chilies , finely chopped
- 2 dates , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp boondi (chickpea flour droplets)
- 1 tbsp crispy moong namkeen
- 2 tbsp mint , chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp mint cilantro chutney
- 3 tbsp tamarind chutney
- coconut , shredded
- beetroot , grated
Blanch the sprouted moong in boiling, salted water for 1 minute. Strain them and dry them. The moong is ready to use!
Peel the cucumbers and chop them into 1 inch pieces. Use a melon baller to make a duvet in the middle of each piece.
Add a thin layer of the tamarind chutney in each of the cucumber cups.
In a small bowl mix together all of the ingredients and then use a spoon to fill the cucumber cups!
Garnish with coconut and beet and enjoy!
- You can add any crunchy snacks mixture or crushed peanuts or roasted nuts of your choice, instead of crispy moong namkeen and masala boondi.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?