Pyaaz Kachori Taquitos — with a flavorful Jaipur pyaaz ki kachori inspired filling, red garlic chutney, melty cheese, and fresh veggies, this is the perfect way to use up leftover rotis! Quick to assemble and great for school lunch or an easy meal, Indian-Mexican fusion has never been this easy!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE PYAAZ KACHORI TAQUITOS:
Pyaaz Kachori Taquitos — with a flavorful Jaipur pyaaz ki kachori inspired filling, red garlic chutney, melty cheese, and fresh veggies, this is the perfect way to use up leftover rotis! Quick to assemble and great for school lunch or an easy meal, Indian-Mexican fusion has never been this easy
- 1 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tsp salt , while grinding
- 8 shallots (onions) , small red onions
- 1 medium potatoes , boiled
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida powder (hing)
- 2 green chilies , finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger , minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp besan (gram or chickpea flour)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sev (bhujiya) , I used bikaner bhujiya
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- salt , adjust to your taste
- 3 tbsp cilantro , finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice , if needed as per your taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 6 roti (chapati - indian flat bread) , or tortilla
- red garlic chutney , store-bought or see my Rajasthani Garlic Chutney recipe
- 1/4 cup cheese , grated
- 1/4 cup green onions , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell peppers , diced
- oil , for brushing
- everything bagel seasoning , or any seasoning of your choice
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour , mixed with 2 tbsp water
In a pan, dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and fennel seeds on medium heat for 5 minutes, just until fragrant. Let cool and grind with salt into a coarse powder. Set this masala aside.
In another pan, heat oil and ghee and add your homemade masala and hing. Roast for a minute and then add your ginger and green chilies. Saute for a minute.
Then, add in your onions and saute for 7-8 minutes until translucent and softened. Then, add in bhujiya, besan, red chili powder, kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder. Roast on medium heat for 5-6 minutes until everything comes together. Now adjust the salt according to your taste.
Now, add in your potatoes, lemon juice, garam masala and cilantro. Stir well to combine and your pyaaz ki kachori filling is ready.
To assemble the taquitos, take a roti (chapati), spread a layer of the red garlic chutney and add your masala in a cylindrical shape. Top this with cheese, green onions, and bell peppers. Place a little bit of the flour slurry on the edges to help hold its shape and roll tightly.
Brush the taquitos with oil and bake at 350℉/175℃ for 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Your Pyaaz Kachori Taquitos are ready to be served with mango chutney, tamarind chutney, salsa (see my Pico de Gallo Salsa recipe), or any your dip of choice.
- You can make the pyaaz ki kachori filling ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.