Ever wish you could transform your favorite drink into a dish? Well now you can enjoy the tropical, tangy flavor of a piña colada through this pasta salad with a luscious dressing, crunchy vegetables, and fresh pineapple chunks!
The dressing is a fruity, Hawaiian blend of coconut milk, pineapple juice, and soy sauce that makes for a Polynesian flavor! It’s like a spiced version of a piña colada for more umami and well rounded flavor.
The pasta also features some delicious, fresh vegetables like 2 colors of cabbage, peppers, onions, and edamame that makes for a crunchy, protein-packed dish.
Serve this pasta at a summer barbecue or poolside party and watch it become an instant hit! It’s a great way to enjoy the original piña colada taste but with more nutrients for a full meal!
- Coconut Milk – adds richness to the dressing and enhances the piña colada flavor!
- Pineapple Juice – brings a lovely freshness and brightness to the dressing!
- Soy Sauce – increases the umami flavor and contrast the lighter notes of the fruits!
- Chili Flakes – bring a nice sharpness and heat that really spices up the dish!
- Cabbage – adds some beautiful color and crunch to the pasta!
- Cavatappi Pasta – sauce can stick to, makes for a delicious, juicy salad!
- Edamame – adds protein to the salad.
- Onions – bring a great sharp flavor!
- Pickled Red Peppers – add a nice tang and acidity to cut through the sweetness and richness!
- Microgreens – for flavor and freshness; good source of nutrients.
HOW TO MAKE PIÑA COLADA PASTA:
- Make the dressing! Pour all of the liquids and seasonings into a food processor and blend away! You should get about 1 cup of dressing.
- Mix! Combine all of the veggies, pasta, and seasonings into a large bowl.
- Dress it! Drizzle in the dressing and top it off with the pineapple and some garnishes!
- Make it in advance. The pasta is best made a few hours in advance as the flavors need time to infuse and blend with each other.
- Add a protein! Customise it by adding a protein of your choice (e.g. tofu, chickpeas) to make a complete meal.
Enjoy the tropical, tangy flavor of a piña colada through this pasta salad with a fruity Hawaiian dressing, crunchy vegetables, and fresh pineapple chunks! The pasta also features delicious, fresh vegetables like cabbage, peppers, onions, and edamame that makes for a crunchy, protein-packed dish.
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice , canned
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 5 cups cavatappi , cooked
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage , shredded
- 1/2 cup green cabbage , shredded
- 1 cup pineapple , diced (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper , julienned
- 1/3 cup onions , julienned
- 1/3 cup edamame
- 3/4 tbsp green chilies , chopped
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- pickled red peppers
- pumpkin seeds
Blend all of the dressing ingredients using a food processor or blender. Pour the dressing aside into a small bowl and keep in the fridge, so the flavors infuse.
Mix all of the vegetables, seasonings, and pasta in a large bowl.
Add in the dressing and pineapples. Mix it together and garnish with some pickled peppers, microgreens and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
- The pasta is best made a few hours in advance as the flavors need time to infuse and blend with each other.
- Add a protein of your choice (tofu, chickpeas) to make it a complete meal.
- For making pickled red peppers, take 4-5 red jalapenos (chopped in rounds); boil 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup water, 1 tsp sugar and some salt and pour it over the peppers. Cool the pickles before refrigerating.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Don’t forget to tag @naturallynidhi on Instagram and hashtag it #naturallynidhi. You can also post your pictures to my facebook page.
I’d love to hear how the recipe turned out and what you think in the comment section below. Find me on and share your creation with me!