Perfect as a healthy dessert or snack, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are rich in nutrition and flavor! Savor the protein-rich peanut butter, antioxidant-full cranberries, and fiber-filled bananas with a cool glass of milk!
The recipe is super simple and just involves mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Pop that in the oven, drizzle with chocolate, and you’re good to go! They’re low-mess and a perfect activity for kids that want to make something sweet, but without the typical carbs and processed sugar!
In fact, you can enjoy these cookies without ever indulging! There’s no processed sugar because we’re using maple syrup and there’s no carbs since it’s oatmeal! Paired with the protein from the peanut butter, antioxidants from the cranberries, and fibrous bananas, there’s no better snack to munch!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES:
- Make the Dough! Mix together the maple syrup, bananas, peanut butter, oats, coconut, almond four, vanilla extract, salt, chocolate chips, and cranberries. It should form a uniform mixture.
- Shape and Bake! Divide the dough into small balls and use the back of the spoon to flatten until they resemble a cookie. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F / 180 °C.
- Enjoy! Savor these cookies with a glass of cold milk for those sweet tooth pangs!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies - chewy and nutritious, these cookies are perfect as a healthy dessert or snack! Savor the protein-rich peanut butter, antioxidant-full cranberries, and fiber-filled bananas with a cool glass of milk!
- 2 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut , unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tbsp cranberries , or goji berries, chopped
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and grease a baking tray.
In a food processor, pulse the oats until they are coarsely ground.
In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with the help of a fork.
Next, fold in the peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Then, mix in the blended oats, chocolate chips, cranberries, coconut, almond flour and salt.
Scoop about 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture onto the baking tray and flatten to form a cookie shape. Repeat until the mixture is finished.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- The cookies aren’t very crispy, they’re supposed to be chewy. In my oven it took about 18-20 minutes for that perfect texture, but the cooking time varies on your oven.
- You can use any nut butter instead of peanut butter.
- If you don't want to use almond flour, just increase the quantity of oats.
- If you don't have quick oats, then coarsely blend regular oats in a blender or food processor.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?