Bring a little color into your life with this Greek Couscous Salad that features chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and a drizzle of red wine vinaigrette to make it all sing!
If you’re looking for a refreshing, balanced lunch that’ll help you incorporate more colors and food groups into your diet, you’re in the right place! Protein from the chickpeas, fiber from the couscous, healthy fats from the dressing, and tons of antioxidants and vitamins from the veggies make this Mediterranean salad a super nutritious meal!
The main flavor of this salad comes from that homemade red wine vinaigrette! A quick mix of red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, basil, and oregano— there’s a fresh, and light Mediterranean flavor reminiscent of a Greek salad.
Perfect as a weekday lunch, pair this Greek Couscous Salad with a fresh smoothie or juice and savor the crunchy veggies, bring cheese, and mouthwatering dressing!
Greek Couscous Salad featuring chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and a drizzle of red wine vinaigrette. This Mediterranean salad full of protein is perfect for a refreshing, healthy lunch.
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans) , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup couscous , cooked
- 1/2 cup black olives , sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber , chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions , chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp mustard sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- salt , to taste
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well combined.
For the salad, mix together all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss together with the dressing. Enjoy!
- Feel free to use any salad greens you’d like! I used a mix of arugula, spinach, Swiss chard, and lettuce.
- If you don’t have any of these ingredients, any vegetable or protein source will pair well with the dressing and taste great!
- If you’re looking to go vegan, simply omit the feta cheese and enjoy!
- If you don't have red wine vinegar then use 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 tbsp lemon zest instead of 1/4 cup red wine vinegar. This will make a delicious lemon vinaigrette!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Don’t forget to tag @naturallynidhi on Instagram and hashtag it #naturallynidhi. You can also post your pictures to my facebook page.
I’d love to hear how the recipe turned out and what you think in the comment section below. Find me on and share your creation with me!
Instead of red wine vinegar what we can use
Hi! Instead of using 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, use 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 tbsp lemon zest instead! This will make a delicious lemon vinaigrette!