Fattoush Salad Pita Pizza — Crispy pita with za’atar seasoning and topped with a generous layer of Trader Joe’s hummus, fresh veggies, and feta cheese! It’s light, fresh, and simple, making it the perfect summer lunch to fall in love with.
Now I know many of you might think of salad pizza as a crazy concept, but it truly is a marvelous creation! The sweet, tangy fattoush dressing paired with the crunchy pita and veggies is a match made in heaven!
My favorite part about this dish is the Trader Joe’s Hummus which is a super rich, creamy option opposed to homemade. I love using it on wraps, dips, and this lovely salad pizza!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE FATTOUSH SALAD PITA PIZZA:
Crispy pita with za'atar seasoning and topped with a generous layer of Trader Joe’s hummus, fresh veggies, and feta cheese! It’s light, fresh, and simple, making it the perfect summer lunch to fall in love with.
- 4 pita bread , I used Trader Joe's pita
- olive oil
- za’atar spice blend , see notes for recipe
- 4 tbsp hummus , I used Trader Joe's hummus
- feta cheese
- red chili flakes
- 2 cups greens , I used arugula and baby spinach spring mix
- 1/2 cup cucumber , diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes , de-seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup olives , sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled onions , drained
- 2 tbsp pickled radish , drained
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sumac
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
Brush your pitas with olive oil and sprinkle on za'atar spice blend. Bake for 5-7 minutes at 350°F/175°C until golden brown and crispy.
In a separate bowl, mix together your salad, staring with olive oil, lemon juice, honey, sumac, salt, and pepper until combined. Toss with your greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, onions, and radishes.
To assemble, spread a generous layer of hummus on each pita. Top with the fattoush salad, feta cheese, and red chili flakes! Enjoy!
- If you don’t have za’atar spice blend, substitute it with 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp roughly crushed sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.