This Chocolate Burfi Bark is a lovely dessert made with layers of chocolate burfi (peda) and white chocolate that’s topped off with dried fruits, flowers, and spices! There’s strawberries for acidity, lavender buds for a great aroma, and chopped pistachio for an added saltiness.
The dish is super easy to make, coming together in under 20 minutes and using only a few ingredients. The bottom layer is a take on the classic chocolate burfi and uses condensed milk, Dutch processed cocoa powder, and crushed graham crackers. The top of layer is simply melted white chocolate that creates this elegant balance of deep, rich cocoa with light, sweeter white chocolate.
The real magic in the garnishes no doubt! The dried strawberries and mangoes add this wonderful fruitiness along with a chewier texture. The lavender, marigold, and saffron add this floral aroma that makes a super light and yummy dessert! The final sprinkling of sea salt seals this great savory, sweet flavor into the bark.
Perfect for the festive season to spice up the usual traditional desserts, this Chocolate Burfi Bark will be loved by kids and elders alike!
- Cocoa Powder – adds this insanely deep, rich chocolate flavor to the Burfi!
- White Chocolate – brings a needed sweetness and crunchy texture to the dish!
- Graham Crackers – add a nutty flavor to the dessert.
- Lavender – brings a lovely, floral aroma to the bark.
- Strawberries – add a needed acidity and fruity, tangy taste that cuts through all the chocolate.
- Sea Salt – seals the great savory, sweet flavor in the bark.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BURFI BARK:
- Make the dough! Mix together the crushed graham crackers, salt, condensed milk, and cocoa powder. Once incorporated, add in the milk and butter. Mix together to create a dough.
- Set it in a mold! Spread the dough using a rolling pin and arrange it in a dish lined with parchment paper.
- Add the white chocolate layer! Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler (or microwave) and spread it on top of the chocolate dough.
- Garnish! Decorate the top liberally with edible flowers, fruits and salt. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Chill and serve! Chill it for 15 minutes in the fridge before cutting and serving.
This Chocolate Burfi Peda Bark is a lovely dessert made with layers of chocolate burfi (peda) and white chocolate that’s topped off with dried fruits, flowers, and spices! There’s strawberries for acidity, lavender buds for a great aroma, and chopped pistachio for an added saltiness.
- 2 cups graham crackers , crushed
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk , room temperature, as needed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter , melted
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- dried strawberries
- edible lavender buds
- pistachio , chopped
- dried mangoes , cut into strips
- edible marigold flowers
- pinch sea salt
Mix together the crushed graham crackers, salt, condensed milk, and cocoa powder. Once incorporated, add in the milk and butter. Mix together to create a dough.
Line an 8x8 dish with parchment paper and spread this chocolate mixture into a thin layer. If you’re finding it difficult to work with the dough, it might be easier to roll it out using a rolling pin and then putting it into the dish, using your fingers to fill any gaps. Cover it and keep it aside while we prepare the second layer.
For the white chocolate layer, melt the chocolate using the residual heat of a double boiler. Alternatively, you can microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals until fully melted. Either way, make sure not to overheat the chocolate as it often dries out and begins to harden.
Once melted, quickly transfer the while chocolate to the same lined dish as before and spread into a thin layer on top of the chocolate dough from before.
Decorate the top liberally with the garnishes. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
Chill for 15 minutes in the fridge before cutting and serving.
- These can last about a week in the fridge and are great made in advance for parties or events!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?