Methi Matar Paneer Bhurji – featuring seasonal winter veggies, this paneer bhurji is a quick and easy weeknight go-to! Enjoy it with some naan or paratha to savor the fresh methi and peas and this is sure to be a family favorite!
When it comes to weeknight dinners, making something quick that everyone loves is what I love most. And there’s not more beloved ingredient for kids than paneer!
I’ve added fresh, in-season methi (fenugreek) and peas to make it extra hearty and comforting for the winter. It’s super aromatic, healthy, and best enjoyed fresh with some naan or paratha!
STEP BY STEP VIDEO:
Methi Matar Paneer Bhurji - featuring seasonal winter veggies, this paneer bhurji is a quick and easy weeknight go-to! Enjoy it with some naan or paratha to savour the fresh methi and peas and this is sure to be a family favorite!
- 1 1/2 cup paneer , crumbled (or fresh cottage cheese)
- 1 cup methi (fenugreek leaves) , lightly packed
- 2 small onions , finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peas , fresh (boiled) or frozen
- 2 tbsp cilantro , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp yogurt , beaten
- 1/4 cup milk , or as needed
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp ghee , or oil
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp green chilies , finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger , minced
- 2 tsp garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp kasoori methi
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt , to taste
In a large pan on medium flame add ghee, dried red chilies and cumin seeds. When they start crackling, add in ginger, garlic and green chilies and let them sauté for 1 minute.
Then, add onions and sauté for 2 minutes until they are translucent.
Now, add in tomatoes, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and kasoori methi, and saute for 2 minutes.
Add 2-3 tbsp water and cover the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat until the tomatoes are soft.
Add in the methi leaves and cilantro and sauté for 2 minutes.
Then, add in the green bell peppers, peas, and yogurt, and sauté for 2 minutes.
Now, add in the crumbled paneer (or cottage cheese) and mix in gently.
Slowly add in milk (as needed) and mix until well combined and you get a velvety consistency.
Mix in the salt and garam masala and cook for 2 minutes. Switch off the gas.
Your Methi Matar Paneer Bhurji is ready. Garnish with microgreens and cilantro and enjoy it fresh with some paratha or naan bread!
- Methi Matar Paneer Bhurji tastes the best when enjoyed fresh.
- The vegtables should be crunchy, don't overcook them.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.