Chawal na Pudla (Savory Multigrain Rice Pancakes) is a nutritious, filling meal that’s guaranteed to keep you energized for the day! With whole grains, fresh veggies, and a delicious whipped feta dip, it’s also perfect as snack or breakfast to start your day.
Chawal na Pudla is popular Gujarati breakfast that’s made with leftover rice along with healthy grains and flours. Cooked to golden brown perfection and sprinkled with aromatic spices and crispy veggies, it’s a delicious meal that everyone is sure to love!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CHAWAL NA PUDLA:
Chawal na Pudla (Savory Multigrain Rice Pancakes) is a nutritious, filling meal that’s guaranteed to keep you energized for your day! With whole grains, fresh veggies, and a delicious whipped feta dip, it's also perfect as snack or breakfast to start your day.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup besan (gram or chickpeas flour)
- 1/2 cup wheat flour , or jowar (sorghum or white millet) flour
- 1/4 cup carrot , grated
- 1/4 cup zucchini , grated
- 1/4 cup spinach , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cabbage , finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chilies , minced
- 1 tsp ginger , minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic , optional
- water , as needed
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt , to taste
- 1/4 cup onions , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell peppers , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- mozzarella cheese , optional
- oil , as needed for cooking
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
To make the whipped feta, simply blend the feta cheese and cream cheese in a food processor for 2-3 minutes until creamy. Set aside in a separate bowl.
Mix together all of the pancake batter ingredients until we’ll combined and at a spreadable consistency, adding water as needed. Let this rest for 10 minutes.
Heat a large nonstick pan or tava on medium-low heat and grease it with a little oil. Pour a ladle of the batter and spread of a the back of the spoon. Use the back of a ladle to create a small hole in the center of the pancake.
Add a little bit of all of your toppings as desired. Let the pancake cook on both sides until golden brown. If you want to add some cheese, add it on top when your pancake is done from both sides and cover it with a lid for a few minutes to help it melt.
Serve with the whipped feta and your choice of chutneys and sauces! Enjoy!
- You can use any seasonal vegetable of your choice in the batter.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?