Watermelon Gazpacho – sweet and savory, this refreshing chilled soup is just what you need on a hot summer day! This gazpacho combines watermelon, mint, jalapeño, tomatoes, and more for a light drink that’s bursting with flavor!
Gazpacho is a cold soup from the Andalusia region of Spain. This fun twist reinvents it with in-season flavors like watermelon and mint. I actually got a yellow watermelon when I opened mine which was totally unexpected but still a fun color!
The real beauty of gazpacho is the balance of flavors that comes when you add jalapeño, garlic, vinegar, and mint. It’s sweet, savory, and tangy all in one! Garnish with some chopped fruits and veggies for another pop of color and you’ve just made the drink of the summer!
Watermelon Gazpacho - sweet and savory, this refreshing chilled soup with watermelon, mint, jalapeno, tomatoes is just what you need on a hot summer day! I actually got a yellow watermelon when I opened mine which was totally unexpected but still had a fun color!
- 3 cups watermelon , yellow or red, cut in cubes
- 1 small red onions , roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber , roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , use the same color as the watermelon (yellow or red), roughly chopped
- 1 slice white bread , use any hard bread like french baguette or italian
- 1 tsp garlic , roughly chopped
- 2 green chilies , roughly chopped
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice , as needed to balance the sweetness of watermelon
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar , or any vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- watermelon , finely diced
- cucumber , finely chopped
- red onions , finely chopped
- tomatoes , finely chopped
- feta cheese
- green chilies , finely chopped (optional)
- chili oil
- edible flowers
Mix all the gazpacho ingredients except olive oil into a blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes while slowly drizzling in the olive oil until you reach your desired consistency.
Taste and adjust the seasonings based on your preference.
Chill for 3 to 4 hours.
Garnish with your desired toppings and serve chilled!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.