Rich, creamy, and decadent in every way, this Instant Pot Mixed Vegetable is the easiest way to elevate a simple weeknight dinner! Featuring a medley of vegetables paired with lovely aromatics like saffron and rose, it goes great with naan or rice for a simple, yet elegant meal!
There’s carrots, beans, corn, paneer, pineapple, and a whole host of other vegetables that makes for a super nutty, dynamic flavor. There’s also many different textures as there’s a crunchy, smooth, and crisp mouthfeel.
It also works well as part of a thali platter, accompanied with other curries and various side dishes to amplify its flavor!
If you liked this recipe, make sure to check out my other Instant Pot dishes:
- Instant Pot Palak Methi Chana Dal – Spinach Fenugreek Lentil Stew
- Instant Pot Kolkata Ghugni Chaat – Indian Street Food
- Paneer Coconut Masala – Instant Pot or Stovetop
- Saffron Rose Biryani – Instant Pot or Stovetop
- Nepali Kwati Daal (Mixed Lentil Stew) – Instant Pot or Stovetop
STEP BY STEP VIDEO:
Rich, creamy, and decadent in every way, this Mixed Vegetables in White Gravy (Instant Pot or Stovetop) is the easiest way to elevate a simple weeknight dinner! Featuring a medley of vegetables paired with lovely aromatics like saffron and rose, it goes great with naan or rice for a simple, yet elegant meal!
- 1/4 cup carrots , chopped
- 1/4 cup green beans , chopped
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup peas , boiled or frozen
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 2 tbsp mixed color bell peppers
- 1/2 cup paneer , or tofu
- 1 medium onions , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh tomato puree
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp almond flour , or paste of 8-10 soaked almonds
- 1/2 tsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch turmeric powder
- 8 strands saffron , soaked in milk
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp ginger , minced
- 2 tsp green chilies , minced
- 1 tsp garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ghee , or butter
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp water
- salt to taste
Turn on saute mode in the Instant Pot and add in the oil. Heat the oil for one minute and in the garlic, green chili, and ginger. Saute it for a few seconds and then toss in the onions and bay leaves, cooking until translucent.
Pour in the fresh tomato puree and immediately turn off the saute mode because we will be adding yogurt in soon and we don't want it to split. In a small bowl mix together the 2 tbsp of water, almond flour (or paste), all purpose flour, and yogurt to make a paste. Add this in paste or mixture and stir the mixture. Once combined turn on the saute mode.
Add the butter, turmeric, kasoori methi, salt, green beans, carrots, and water. Put the lid on and pressure cook for 2 minutes on high in manual mode and then quick release it.
Turn on saute mode again and add peas, corn, peppers, paneer, pineapple, all of the spices, saffron (soaked in milk), milk, and cream. Mix them together, add in the rose water and then turn off saute mode and take it out in a bowl. Don't over saute, otherwise the vegetables will lose their color. The Mixed Vegetables are ready!
Cook it in a heavy-bottom saucepan and instead of pressure cooking, just cover it and cook it until the vegetables are al-dente (soft but still have a bite).
- If the gravy seems to be too runny after you're done, don't worry because the cream and almond powder (or paste) will thicken it over time.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?