Asian Cucumber Salad – a simple, refreshing salad for your afternoon snacking or as a light lunch! With cucumber noodles, julienned bell peppers, and that delicious Asian-inspired sauce, welcome in the warm summer weather with a burst of flavor!
This salad is super light and bright, making it perfect as a side dish with grilled veggies, tacos, and more! You can also spruce it up with some rice noodles and julienned carrots for a salad that’s as colorful and refreshing as summer itself!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE ASIAN CUCUMBER SALAD:
Asian Cucumber Salad - a simple, refreshing salad for your afternoon snacking or as a light lunch! With cucumber noodles, julienned bell peppers, and that delicious Asian-inspired sauce, welcome in the warm summer weather with a burst of flavor!
- 2 english cucumbers
- 1/4 cup mixed color bell peppers , juliennes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1½ tsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 thai red chilies, chopped (or 1 tsp red chili flakes)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- salt , to taste
- cashews , crushed
- peanuts , crushed
- sesame seeds
In a small bowl, mix together all of your sauce ingredients and set aside.
Chop the bell peppers into fine juliennes. Transfer the bell peppers to a bowl with ice water and let sit for 15 minutes so they become crispy and bright. Then take them out and lightly pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
Using a julienne peeler or spiralizer, shred the cucumber into long noodles. Make the cucumber noodles when you’re ready to eat otherwise they will leave water and become soggy.
In a serving bowl, mix together the cucumber noodles, bell peppers, and sauce.
Garnish with crushed cashews, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Make sure to cut the cucumbers when you’re ready to eat since they’re best eaten when crunchy and fresh!
- The sauce can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days.
- You can also add rice noodles, soba noodles, and other julienned veggies to this salad for even more flavor and texture!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.