Enjoy the best of both, healthy and yummy, with this GORGEOUS Thai red curry quinoa that’s full of fresh veggies and a creamy, velvety sauce! Perfect for parties, picnics, and gatherings in the summer, who wouldn’t like an Asian inspired, SUPERFOOD treat?
Filled with loads of goodness, like crunchy peanuts, crisp cabbage, fresh edamame, and sweet peppers, this Thai red curry quinoa is an absolute crowd pleaser at dinner parties, lunch parties, picnics, and pretty much any summertime event! With a fiery red curry and coconut milk based sauce, this quinoa dish is SUPER HEALTHY and absolutely to die for!
A really quick and put together meal, all it takes are a few simple steps. It all starts with a beautiful melody of ginger, garlic, and lemongrass that’s sautéed together. Then come the gorgeous sauces, fresh vegetables, coconut milk, and boiled quinoa! Let it all simmer and there you have the most AROMATIC and LOVELY quinoa dish ever!!
Enjoy this SUPER QUICK and SUPER HEALTHY quinoa dish at parties, picnics, and even for dinner! Who would have thought that this SUPERFOOD, that is so beneficial for health could be equally as tasty! Let’s be honest, who can’t resist indulging in a DELICIOUS dish without the guilt? Well that’s the beauty of quinoa; you get the best of both worlds!
STEP BY STEP VIDEO:
Thai Red Curry Quinoa - Enjoy the best of both, healthy and yummy, with this GORGEOUS Thai red curry quinoa that’s full of fresh veggies and a creamy, velvety sauce! Perfect for parties, picnics, and gatherings in the summer, who wouldn’t like an Asian inspired, SUPERFOOD treat?
- 1 cup quinoa , boiled and ready
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 inch lemongrass stem
- 1/2 tsp lemongrass , minced
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup peppers , mixed colors
- 1/4 cup carrots , boiled
- 1/4 cup baby corn
- 1/4 cup edamame , boiled or frozen
- 1/4 cup paneer , cut in small cubes
- 2 tbsp purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sriracha
- thai red peppers , fresh (or use chili flakes)
- salt to taste
- roasted cashews
- roasted peanuts
- sesame seeds
- basil , fresh and torn
Heat some oil over medium heat in a saucepan, and add some minced garlic, lemongrass, and ginger. Sauté them for roughly 3-5 minutes.
Add some onions, bell peppers, edamame, red curry paste, paneer, coconut milk, and baby corn into the saucepan. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
Add in the soy sauce, palm sugar, sweet chili sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, sriracha, thai red peppers, and salt.
Add in the quinoa and garnish it with roasted cashews, basil, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- How to make quinoa: Wash the quinoa thoroughly and then heat water (double the amount of quinoa) with some oil and salt. Add the quinoa in once the water starts boiling, lower the flame, cover it, and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes (until all water is absorbed). Fluff it with a fork.
- Wash the quinoa very thoroughly like you would rice, otherwise it will taste very bitter.
- The recipe would turn out better if the quinoa is made a day ahead because it will become firmer and open up.
- You can make quinoa in a mix of half water/half coconut milk instead of just water. I generally make it in just water so the quinoa is more versatile.
- Add the purple cabbage at the end, so it stays crunchy and retains its color.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for step-by-step videos.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?