Start your morning with this amazing detox tea! 🍋🍯 Freshly diced turmeric, lemon, ginger, and a drizzle of honey are all there to provide a healthy start to your day!! It can be stored for weeks and offers wonderful gastrointestinal benefits.
STEP BY STEP:
Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant that reduces inflammation, relieves symptoms of arthritis and protect against skin diseases. It contains lots of essential minerals, including: calcium, copper, fiber, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium and zinc. It is also rich in vitamin C, D, K, and several B-vitamins. Turmeric has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties, useful for strengthening the immune system.
Ginger contains at least twelve types of antioxidants, making it useful for treatment of a wide range of disorders. It is used widely for its medicinal properties. A ginger infusion is an effective way to relieve fever and flu symptoms or fight off a cold.
Lemon, rich in vitamin C, is known for its therapeutic property since generations. It helps strengthen your immune system, cleanse your stomach, and is considered a blood purifier. It is a powerful antioxidant that increases circulation and reduces inflammation. Lemon juice helps cure problems related to indigestion and constipation. Add a few drops of this citrus fruit juice to your dish and it will aid in digestion.
Honey is rich in antioxidants, many of which have been linked with reduced risk of heart disease. It boosts the immune system and inhibits production of stress hormones. Applying honey to the skin has been used to heal wounds and burns since ancient Egypt, and is still being used today. It also acts as a natural cough suppressant.
Turmeric Ginger Lemon Morning Tea
- 1 cup turmeric, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup honey
- 4 lemons, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 lemons for juice
- Wash turmeric and ginger. Leave them on a plate for 2-3 hours to air dry.
- Take a large mason jar, dry and sterilize it. All the ingredients and the jar should be completely dry for preserving the tea.
- Add ginger, turmeric, lemons, lemon juice and honey to the jar. Mix well.
- Your can use the tea immediately, but for more probiotic properties and health benefits, let it ferment for 2-3 days on the kitchen counter. Then store it in the fridge.
- To preserve the tea for a longer time, I take out 5-7 days quantity in a separate jar for daily use. Otherwise opening and taking directly from the main jar every day will reduce its life.
- Every morning, mix 1 to 2 teaspoonful of tea with warm water and enjoy!!
- Make sure that you use a completely dry spoon when taking the tea out of the jar.
- Wear gloves while using turmeric, otherwise it will stain your hands.
- I used Vidalia Chop Wizard for chopping turmeric and ginger.